Product Review websites abound on the internet, but they are far from all being equal in regard to honesty and integrity. Many product review sites appear to be unbiased initially, but further inspection indicates their true intent: to only promote products favorably, so they can earn money via affiliate links.
Here are some ways to assess when a site as well as its owner(s) are just inside it for the money, or maybe they feature honest truly neutral, consumer-oriented product critiques:
1. Who Runs the Site? A genuine review site could have an About/Bio/or Info page that details who owns the web page (and oftentimes why they started it.) Too many sites that claim to be ‘product review’ sites are really run by affiliates posing as “honest” reviewers, if in fact their sole intent is to only recommend every product they blog about.
2. Carry out the Reviewers or Site Owners Buy The Products Themselves? It is a critical factor for review integrity. Just like scientific research, there exists a strong proclivity towards favorable bias of a product when the reviewer did not pay it off himself. The reality that a reviewer will pay for the item(s) her or himself speaks volumes about their impartiality and capacity to remain objective during the course of the review.
3. Does the site Review a multitude of Products or Just One Single? A site that reviews a number of products is more prone to be neutral as well as a true review site when compared to a site where only ZionProductreviews. Why would someone proceed to the trouble of creating a website for only one product and then provide it with a poor review? Of course the review is going to be positive (although occasionally they may throw in a negative comment or two to provide the look of being impartial.)
Single-product-sites are well-liked by affiliate marketers because the major search engines give strong weight to using keywords in the website name (url title.) So if the product being reviewed is ‘Acme List Building Secrets’, then utilizing a domain of ‘AcmeListBuildingSecretsReview’ will often give that site a higher position in the search engines.
4. Perform the Reviewers Have Only Positive Items to Say regarding the Products They Review? A truly neutral product review website may have both negative and positive reviews. If all of the reviews over a site are glowing, and every item is endorsed, then there’s a good bet the reviewer is serving his very own interests rather than those of the consumer.
5. Does the Review Headline Use the Word ‘Scam’? It is a classic tactic used by many unscrupulous reviewers to utilize keywords within the title in addition to give the look of shoring the trust factor. A sample uoncvg might read, “Is Acme List Building Secrets a gimmick?” – as it utilizes the keyword phrase in the title, along with that phrase will mirror what people enter in the search box when they have questions on an item.
These are just several important aspects to look for when assessing the integrity of the product review website. Remember that honest product review sites do exist. As being a a consumer, you should evaluate a site’s integrity before you trust its reviews